SING! Lift Up Your Voice!

"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." D&C 25:12

What a week it has been! Life has been really great, and I don't know if I could ask for anything more...except for some awesome General Conference talks!

Just a little background on this past week. I decided to get together with a friend of mine and jam a little bit. It's been quite awhile since I've sang, and I felt it was time to try again. We sang songs that made me cry, songs that were hard, and songs that I only had memories of.

The more that we sang, the more emotional I got. I began to cry when we came to hymns and songs that reminded me of where I was 4 years ago. Preparing for a mission, performing for people all over Salt Lake, and living a life that gave me lots of joy.

After we finished, I went upstairs and began to ponder what I was going to do next. My talent had slipped...I felt as if I no longer had the voice I once had. Devistating is an understatement of how I felt.

It wasn't until I received a call from that same friend to sing at a conference downtown. Immediately I felt the spirit tell me "Endure it Well is what you need to sing." As I toldher what I wanted to singe, she said that she had the same impression as well. It was an amazing feeling to realize that I was on the same page as the spirit. I hadn't been in that spot for quite sometime.

I now know that my talent will be preserved, but only if it is used for my Father in Heaven's work. He wants me to lift others up with my voice, but I know that I can't do it alone. Which brings me to even more exciting news!

Shea, Kameron, and I have decided that we are going to record our first songs together. We are all good at singing seperately, but together our voices create such a warm blend that can't be achieved unless all three of us contribute. I'll be updating as the project unfolds.

1 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love your voice! It has always warmed my heart. I'd love to sing with you anytime, any place. And to hear you, Kameron, and Shea will be incredible!

Post a Comment