Preparing the Way

This week has been rewarding, but has still presented it's challenges. It seems the more that I try to do the right thing...the more things go wrong. I've started eliminating things that create feelings or temptations.

I sold my computer this week. I felt that having one accessible at all times was not helping me. So, I listed it on KSL, got an offer, and then it was gone. The best part about that...the temptation is gone as well. I've started focusing a lot more time of my family, reading, friends, and studying the scriptures.

I'm finding the hardest thing is my work situation. The conversations that go on there, the people I work with, and not being able to feel like myself. I'm already starting to look for a job somewhere else, but without any luck. The great thing is they will work with my school schedule, I'm afraid that a new job won't. I suppose I will have to continue to pray for strength and understanding.

I'm going to be meeting with the bishop on Sunday...I'm extremely nervous, but I know that it needs to be done. I'm afraid of the year to come, because I know that it will be extremely hard. I've decided that I will start reading "The Miracle of Forgiveness". I think that will lessen some of these fears, and give me understanding to the repentance process. I just need to keep my eyes on the goal...going to the temple.

Things I am Grateful for:
1. The Scriptures
2. Music
3. My family
4. Prayer
5. Becoming healthier

0 comments:

Post a Comment