The Power of a Blessing

This week I have so much to be grateful for. My family, friends, and relationships have all become so important to me. They amaze me everyday and it allows me to see the fruits of my labor. Somedays are still tough, but I'm no longer struggling the way that I used to. Which leads me to a story...

The Sunday after I made the decision that my life was going to be different, I decided that I needed a blessing. I thought a lot about who I wanted to give me the blessing, and I had people offering left and right. I then felt impressed to have my friend Spencer give it to me.

Spencer and Ryan came over to my house extremely late. We sat and talked about all kinds of things: friends, missions, and where we were going. After a couple of hours we decided that we would do the blessing.

Ryan and Spencer put their hands on my head and proceeded. The blessing seemed long, but it's funny because I don't really remember what was said, but I know that Spencer asked that I would have the Lord's help in my struggle. After the blessing we all hugged and said goodnight.

It's been over a month since then. I can honestly say that the feelings, urges, and temptations are gone. It's such a strange feeling because after fighting for years upon years...they shut off like a light switch. It truly tells me of the power of the priesthood. It gives me the power to continue without struggling day after day. It builds me up so that I can make it to my goal...the temple.

More importantly I want to share hope. As I have gone through this transition I have found that people never share stories of hope. I have found that families are told to deal with it and just accept the person.

While it is important to love them, it is equally important to never give up hope or faith in them. I don't know if I would be where I'm at today if no one had faith in me. I want to give a message of hope that people can change and that Christ's sacrifice is there to use. The road may be long and challenging, but it's never too late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment