Giving My Time

“Begin each day as if it were on purpose”-Mary Anne Radmacher

It seems like lately I have no time for anything. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing though. Being in high demand is what I like, because it gives me purpose. And everyday should be lived with purpose.

I'm currently working full time at an online marketing solutions firm. I go in at 8am and leave around 4:30pm. Then, depending on the day, I go to play rehearsal, family home evening, or some other previous engagement made throughout the week.

I've found much more joy in giving my time, my talents, and my heart to things that are truly important. One of the greatest tools the adversary uses is boredom or idleness. I know this from very personal experience. The only times that I have fallen were when I was not involved with something uplifting, or with someone that was bearing me up.

Those have always been my darkest moments, but the thing to remember is that light always breaks darkness. I plan to always be involved with something that Heavenly Father would want me to do. It's the only way to ensure that I will not fall. I may stumble a bit, but He will never let me fall.

I've found that service is truly when I'm tired, feeling down, or not up to doing it. I do it anyway, because that's what He wants me to do. I always feel a million times better afterwards, and it lifts my whole day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment